While Martin Audio’s Multi-cellular Loudspeaker Array [MLA] technology represents the ultimate in coverage control, with individually powered and processed cells within each enclosure, the scalable resolution of WPC [Wavefront Precision Compact] offers greatly improved coverage consistency and control compared to a standard line array and provides a flexible pathway to advanced array control.
No taxes included
- Compact line array
- Scalable resolution for advanced array control
- External, dedicated, multi-channel Class D amplification
- Industry-leading DISPLAY software interacts with DSP for highly-accurate results
- Fast, integral 3-point flying systems for up to 16 enclosures
- Side and rear handles for ease of handling and setting splay angles
- 100° horizontal constant directivity pattern control
- Consistent coverage achieved ‘straight-out-of-the-box’
- DISPLAY intelligent software reduces set-up time and eliminates trial-and-error
- Improved audience coverage with reduced sound-spill
- Touring sound reinforcement for small and medium-size venues
- Fixed installations in concert halls, theatres, ballrooms and HoW
- Sports stadium, arena installations & corporate AV events
The WPC is a new eed of medium-format optimised line array which ings innovative acoustic design, ultra-high performance and coverage consistency to a wider range of users, applications and budgets than previously possible. A three-way, bi-amp system, it features horn-loaded low-frequency, mid and HF sections to raise efficiency and increase output. Its high efficiency acoustic design can equal or outperform larger, direct radiator systems — a 12-box array will throw beyond 60 metres (200ft) and deliver impressive rock levels to a 5000-seat venue, saving on truck space and weight.
The WPC’s low frequency section consists of 2 x 10” (250mm) neodymium drivers in a Hyid® configuration which marries the benefits of horn and reflex loading. Each driver is slot-loaded into a short horn to give a high sensitivity of 103dB @ m/2.83V, while the rear of the driver is reflex-loaded to extend the LF output. The punch and low-frequency extension produced from such a small enclosure volume are remarkable.
Mid and HF horns are physically separate — a key factor in the WPC’s exemplary 100° horizontal constant directivity dispersion pattern. The midrange horn design utilises 2 x 5” (125mm) neodymium drivers to produce a high SPL of 109dB @ 1m/2.83V, while the HF section employs 4 x 0.7” (19mm) exit neodymium compression drivers which feed 4 individual horns. Use of multiple small HF drivers instead of a more traditionally-used large format compression driver results in less distortion and a more extended HF response.
|TYPE||Three-way, bi-amp line array element|
|FREQUENCY RESPONSE (5)||65Hz-18kHz ± 3dB|
|SYSTEM RESOLUTION||1 to 3 enclosures per amplifier channel|
|MAXIMUM SPL (9)||135dB peak|
|CROSSOVER||440Hz active, 4.4kHz internal passive|
|ENCLOSURE||Vertical trapezoid with 5º wall angle, multi-laminate birch and poplar-ply construction|
|FINISH||Black textured paint|
|PROTECTIVE GRILLE||Black HEX perforated steel|
|CONNECTORS||2 x NL4 type|
|FLOWN ARRAY MAXIMUM||16 enclosures in single array|